About my Blog

I will be writing this blog for my own enjoyment and perhaps a few others will find some joy in reading it too. If you happen to find something of interest, be sure to leave me a comment.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday....

One day at a time ...sweet Jesus....that`s all i`m asking from you....That is the traditional alarm clock on all mmi trips here in the Dominican.
Once we arrived at the camp, the first thing I noticed was the newly finished gazebo. The old one was made of wood and a discentegrating thatched roof, which certainly did not stop the afternoon shower from dousing you. The new gazebo is beautiful. It has a floor made of broken marble scraps mixed with whole pieces of marbleish material. It is painted white and stands out amoung the mustard yellow paint and tin roof of the dorms and dining hall.
I was on the second bus to arrive and quickly grabbed a bunk nearest the ladies bathroom.....I won`t go into details as to why this seemed a prime room......ha.........However, three older ladies came looking for a room to share and none were left with three beds open.....of course, I moved down the hall and am rooming with 2 gals who are also nurses and work in Wichita at Wesley ER.....I found out that they work with another nurse that I precepted in the OR at Riverside. It really is a small world afterall. We only had a short time to throw things in our room, unload the semi, sort the tubs into medical team and surgical team, then head to the hospital to begin setting up. We quit about six, dragged back to camp, ate a delecious, mouth watering, make the Colonel cry, chicken dinner and then had our first team meeting. Before falling into bed, Kathy, Rita and I organized our room and put up the mosquito nets...the weather is cool so we slept well.......Tomorrow is will be our first day with patients.........I hope I remember the names of the instruments.......Where is that Ginko anyway?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Pat,

    Praying for you and the team daily. Hope you have a chance to rest during the weekend. Love reading your blog and wishing I could be there. Can't wait to see photos of the new gazebo. Sounds amazing!

    Cuidate,
    Deloris

    ReplyDelete