About my Blog

I will be writing this blog for my own enjoyment and perhaps a few others will find some joy in reading it too. If you happen to find something of interest, be sure to leave me a comment.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Yea! I got to a computer...Leg two Sat Continuted

Hello from Las Matas.! I tried earlier in the week to get internet access but it just wasn't happenin. But Isn't this amazing? One of my Dominican friends got access tonight and I bartered a hand rub for her in return for some internet time.
I am sorry to be updating you about Saturday since it is Tuesday night, but I would hate to forget something.
I think I left off after leaving Wichita and landing in Dallas. As my luck with Dallas goes, we were delayed for about 1 1/2 hours. Thankfully though, we did make the next connection. This time, I was seated next to an adorable college age young lady named Dolly. Boy, was she was a doll too. We chatted a little about where we were headed. I discovered she and six other students from SMU were going to El Salvador to work with some schoolage kids. Dolly explained that she is an education major and does most of the playing with the kids while her classmates teach nutrition and health lessons. As we talked, she mentioned that because of the long lay overs they had encountered that day, her friend was already out of reading material. I had just finished the new release by Beth Moore, "Goodbye Insecurity" and gave it to her for them to read. I pray they will read it and learn to trust in our Wonderful Lord! I admit, I am learning more myself everyday.
Of course, eventually I felt obligated to tell her of the impending meltdown on the landing. What a sweetie. She said, "Well, you can hold my hand if you want to. " and.....so I did. It was a smooth flight really and the landing, obviously, was fine too. After landing in Miami, I helped her find out where her next gate was and we said goodbye. Lord, keep them safe and may they be a blessing to the children they minister to.
Lastly, came the longer leg from Miami to Santo Domingo....by now all had gone amazingly well so far and it wasn't too bad of a flight. While waiting to buy our tourist cards, I began talking to two college girls on our Las Matas team. ( I so love this age of young women!) I can already tell, this is going to be an energetic group! I only hope, this poor older girlie can hold up!
Next came the exchanging of dollars to pesos, grabbing the cart for luggage and locating my #6 blue tub of medical supplies, as well as my personal luggage.....and off we headed to load everyting into the big white semi. Of course, I couldn't help giving Alex, Teo, William, Noel and all the other Fabulous Dominican friends a quick squeeze. Ah.......it's off to the Chicken Hilton for a night of non-sleep! Praise God.........this is going to be SWELL!

1 comment:

  1. Pat, I love reading your posts. Thanks for updating us. Your writing is so detailed. It is fun to read. We are praying for you and the team. Can't wait to read more. :o)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete